Hirdetés

2024. április 27., szombat

Gyorskeresés

(#1049) sanyamarci

sanyamarci
tag

hdd lévő win8 mentése msata ssd-re elvileg lehet:

Re: Fresh install or Cloning HDD to SSD - Ideapad Y500 window 8
I posted this in another Y500 thread yesterday, but I am not sure wether you want to remove the HDD and swap it for an SSD, or if you're going to use the msata slot.

Installing a msata in the place of the caching one is actually really simple.
I was done in about 1 hour time. This is for a clean install! (But you can also make a recovery disk/ copy windows from your HDD to your SSD with the proper programs.)
Before you start make a back up off the Lenovo drivers on your HDD!!

1. Removed the back. I believe there were 9 screws in total. This was the hardest part, I had some trouble removing it since it was still connected with some small hooks. Don't force it too much or you might break or bend it.
2. Remove the Caching SSD. It's just 1 screw, the SSD will jump up after you unscrewed it.
3. Replace it with the SSD of your choice. I used a Crucial M4 128gb since I was too poor for a 256 model. Crucial is just fine, the Samsung 830 and 840 series are also good. Don't even bother with sandforce/OCZ
4. Remove the HDD to prevent the laptop from using the HDD to boot. (Not necessary*, I did it just to be sure.)
5. Boot the laptop and press F2 to get into the bootmenu. Turn UEFI off and turn Legacy support on (SSD support).
6. Reboot! *(If you didn't remove the HDD you now want to change the boot sequence. Let it boot from the SSD)
7. Connect an USB/DVD player of your choice to the laptop with a copy of Windows 8 on it/in it.
8. Install Windows 8 on the SSD. You don't need a key or anything. The key is already in the laptop.
9. Check your TRIM settings to optimize the SSD performance.
10. Uncheck defrag and indexing. (If this is the right term in English).
11. Almost done now! Shut down if you removed the HDD, you can now put it back in. Skip this step if you didn't remove it.
12. Format the HDD, remove the stupid Lenovo partitions, and make some partitions of your choice. I went with 800gb - 200gb. 800gb for all my media, videos and downloads. 200gb for programs which I don't want to install on the SSD.
13. You're good to go. Have fun.

ps: Laptop boots in about 12 seconds now. So it's a bit faster. Games load much faster though, which was the primary reason for me to swap the SSD.

I hope this quick guide will help some people. I've read a lot of difficult stories on swapping the SSD, don't fret, it's not hard. People made it seem hard. Basically it's remove, swap, change boot, install, check settings, format and there we go!

Copyright © 2000-2024 PROHARDVER Informatikai Kft.