The following procedure is guaranteed to solve all problems with Creative's sound cards:
(1) Remove the card from your computer and place it in a large double bag
(2) Follow around a Great Dane, collect what it leaves on the sidewalk, and place it in the same bag as your sound card. Horses are also a highly effective substitute - though be advised the bag gets heavy quickly.
(3) Carefuly seal the bag.
(4) Drive to Creative's headquarters, place the bag on the hood of the most expensive car in the parking lot, and set it on fire. This is called a "Trouble Ticket"
(5) If you want to prioritize your request, it often helps to throw a brick through a window. This will get your Trouble Ticket quicker attention.
(6) Go home, buy a new card from a *Reputable* maker, and install it in your PC.
p.s. Steps 2 through 5 are optional. Should you decide to follow these: (1) You don't know me; and (2) be sure to have someone get it on video and post it to YouTube.